ESL Teacher/ Adult,http://www.spokenskills.com/index.cfm?type=2&content=profile ESL Teacher/Children, Online ESL Trainer
Currently living in:
Contact me by email
East Meadow, NY 11554 Phone: (516) 468-2144
Caring and qualified ESL and Elementary School certified teacher grades 1-6 and ESOL P-12 with over 7 years of experience teaching meaningful curriculum plans and developing both young and adult minds.
▪ Established, designed and executed meaningful curriculum meeting the requirements of NYS standards and targeting skill areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Team Building and Leadership
● Created collaborative outdoor and indoor classroom experiences through games, group-work and pair-work.
● Increased ESL students' reading levels by integrating on-line word games, introducing Cambridge reader program and altering lesson plans for students needing extra guidance.
● Planned and conducted activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provided students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
● Managing classroom for diverse population ● Designing curriculum
● Excellent classroom management ● Positive learning environment
● Teaching, tutoring and counseling ● Technological instruction
● Motivating students ● Interactive teaching/learning
ESOL Lead Teacher, 12/2012- Current
Literacy Nassau- Freeport, New York
ESL Instructor, 07/2009 - 12/2011
CPLC Education Center – Flushing, New York
● Performed student background reviews to develop tailored lessons based on student needs.
● Improved student's analytical skills by introducing state-of-the-art computer program technologies.
● Used variety of teaching techniques to encourage student critical thinking and discussion in literature.
● Collaborated with a team of faculty and staff to develop further educational programs for students in need of extra help.
● Developed, administered and corrected tests and quizzes in a timely manner.
● Enforced the Buddy System mentoring program between adult ESL students, increasing student development and enthusiasm for learning
● Received high remarks for the creativity of classroom lesson plans and instructional techniques from students and staff members
● Fostered meaningful relationships with and among students through student field-trip retreats.
● Created and enforced hands-on curriculum to promote student interest and receptive learning.
● Implemented student discipline measures, decreasing classroom disruptions by 80%
Education and Training
May 2010 Adelphi University – Garden City, New York
Advanced Certification ESL/TESOL-pending observation
May 2006 Long Island University – Brookville, New York
Masters of Science Childhood Education
Initial Certification in ESOL, P-12
Initial Certification in Elementary Education, 1-6
NYS Business Certification in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL)
Kappa Delta Pi, current member
NYS TESOL Association, current member
|Available for employment.
- Full-time, Part-time
- Location: Nassau County and Suffolk County, New York
Willing to relocate inside the U.S.
- ESL Job Interests: Adults, children, business, group, one-on-one
|Please contact me for more information.||